Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Suckin' wind...

On Saturday, I had a chance to do something that I haven't done in awhile... a SATURDAY WOD! Saturday's are always busy around CFOT, but for me it's a hard day to get in because of work at the restaurant. This weekend I still had to hurry out the door to get to work, but I was glad I got to hit some weekend fun with the 0830 crew.

Our first wod was a 1RM push press. I didn't feel super strong, but I still managed to put up 125X1. I tried 135 but it just didn't happen. I think honestly that my lower back still being so sore is causing me to do some funky things. I'm trying to compensate by adjusting and moving differently and I don't think that's a good thing. Anyway, I'm going to go get it checked out soon, but for the time being it is what it is.

After the push press came the real fun. We did this wod a LOOOONG time ago. We hit this when we were still back in the Blue Room, so you know it's been over a year... but anyway, it's called Tail Pipe. I think it's aptly named since it feels like you're sucking fumes by the end, but anyway, it's a good challenging finisher. If you like finishers that burn, this one is good for you.

You need a partner though so don't try to do this alone, unless you give yourself a time frame for the second part. Start on the rower and row 250 meters. While you are rowing, your parter takes 2 KB and holds them in the rack, with your elbows out. As you row, your partner's job is to hold those bells. Don't put them down! Once you have rowed your meters, trade places. Do this for 3 rounds. It sucks. Regardless, it was good dirty fun! I'm glad I got to get in for some Saturday fun!

No comments: