Friday, November 19, 2010

My favorite new book...

I've been doing a lot of reading lately... I do that sometimes.  I just get on kicks where all I want to do is turn off the tv (except for NCIS and Burn Notice... MMMMMM Gibbs!) and cuddle up with a good book.  They don't cuddle very well, but they're still fun to spend time with. My latest and greatest find is a book called "Badass".  Imagine if you would, all the characteristics and qualities you would use to define someone as a badass.  I don't mean in a CF sense, but I mean in an all out life sense.  Well the author, Ben Thompson, does just that.  He searches through history for the badassest of the badasses from BC to present day.  The thing that I love is that he writes in a way that's very reminiscent of someone else I know... ME! It's incredibly sarcastic, full of lots of (obvious) embellishments, exagerations, imagined conversations, and general foolishness.  I heart it! So if you are in the mood for an entertaining, and yet seemingly educational read as well, go pick it up.  I found in the military history section.  Oh and if you like his writing style... he also keeps a blog too.  It's called, Badass of the Week.

No comments: