Wednesday, September 15, 2010

It's complicated... or maybe COMPLEX?

I do make myself giggle sometimes when I write up my blog titles.  I guess you could say I'm easily entertained by my crafty way of inserting our wod into my titles.  Lord, I really do need a life don't I? Or maybe a hobby.  Perhaps I should take up knitting.  No? Ok, not so much. 

Monday's wod was indeed a complex however, and I have to say for the first time in a SUPER long time, I actually enjoyed myself at CFOT.  Lately working out for me has been such a rough thing, that to have it be almost fun again was good.  It's funny.  I read a post on the Whole 9 today where Melissa talked about being bored with CF.  It's not funny that it happened to her, but it's funny that it so closely parallels what I've been going through.  It's not that I don't like CF, but it does feel like I hit a plateau of sorts and it just wasn't as fun.  Kind of like what I always say about my writing and letting others know people go through the same things, it was nice to see her post that.  It made me realize that other people have gone through what I'm going through.  So hopefully the time away has done it's job, and hopefully things will continue to get fun for me again. 

As for Monday, the complex was fun.  It looked a bit like this.

Add load each time until you find your max.

3 Power cleans
3 Jerks
3 Front squats

Weight- 135

Aha, but there was a caveat.  Hands can't leave the bar.  Nope.  No can do.  Must stay on there.  It sucks because jerking and receiving back to the chest are hard, especially with a heavy weight for the jerks.  However, I like heavy things so this was fun.  Jerks felt good for the first time in a long time and although my split was a little unsteady, the jerks themselves felt good. All in all, a good day in the box. 

Oh, we have a new guy in the box and he likes to make videos.  :P So here's his latest work with the complex.  He's putting together some great stuff.  Gotta love it!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Oh - I would LOVE that WOD. I love the heavy lifting days. Great job on the 135# - nice!!