Thursday, February 21, 2008

After partying with the girls, I was seriously hungover...or the one that got away...




You know, I met these really great girls. Nancy, Helen, Elizabeth, Grace, Fran, Cindy... wonderful, wonderful ladies. Really. Terrific. The best. Unfortunatley, I tried to party with them. You know what happened? Those biotches drank me straight under the table. Left me singing bad karaoke and wearing one NASTY set of beer goggles. No lie, they left me feeling a pain that I didn't know existed!

Ok so maybe this blog sounds slightly too much like a late night Friday night back in my younger (and much wilder) days, but the bit about the ladies is correct. They left me feeling an immense amount of pain. I often wonder to myself (only afterwards of course) why I go to Crossfit on holidays. EVERYONE KNOWS that Jerry loves holidays. It's an opportunity to hit a workout that is guaranteed to hurt you. But of course, I still wake up regardless and like a happy little lemming head straight for my death. (Yes, the photo is a lemming... hence the lemming reference.)

Presidents day was no different. I jumped out of bed, happy for a few additional hours from my normal zero dark hundred wake up time, and headed off to Crossfit. I was thinking to myself as I was helping Jerry set up that this workout sounded particularly tough. But me being my usual stubborn self was hell bent and determined to finish it. The only problem was, my body and my head got into a fight about four ladies in. Unfortunately again, my body won. My calluses tore for what I swear has got to be the upteenth time, and I simply could not pick up a bar bell anymore. After eeking out the clean and jerks one at a time, I simply decided to give up.

Wow, talk about a blow. I have never given up on an epic. EVER. Even in my early days of Fight Gone Bad, 300, a full flippin' Murph, and Meet the Spartans. NEVER. Trying to come back from the bubonic plague is more difficult (and frustrating) than I imagined it would be. I said in my last blog that I need to be patient. Unfortunately, while I am perfect in every other way (I sincerely hope you can pick up on my sarcasm here) God missed me on the day that he doled out his healthy heaping mounds of patience.

I was able to complete of the ladies, Cindy, Fran, Helen, and got stuck nearly finished with Grace. Perhaps starting with Cindy and heading straight to Fran wasn't the way to go. Irregardless, this workout shall forever be known as the one that got away. I'm hoping in another month to finally be back where I was before this damned plague. If you are feeling particularly frisky, give this one a go.

“Party with the Girls”
Kelly – 400 m Run – 30 Box Jumps – 30 Wall Ball Shots
Elizabeth – 21 Squat Cleans (55-75) – 21 Ring Dips
Nancy – 400 m Run – 15 OHS (55-75)
Cindy [5 Pull-ups 10 Push-ups 15 Squats] x 4 rounds
Fran – 21 Thrusters (55-75) – 21 Pullups
Helen – 400 m Run – 21 Swings (35-52) – 12 Pullups
Grace – 30 Clean and Jerks (55-75)

Ahhh... feels good to finally have my computer back! Now I can rant to you all! Some quick quotes before I end the madness...


You can take from every experience what it has to offer you. And you cannot be defeated if you just keep taking one breath followed by another. - Oprah Winfrey

No comments: