Saturday, February 23, 2008

A workout I'll lovingly call more pain...


Warm up- Quick cals

WOD (1:00 of work per station, 1:00 rest after each round, by 4 rounds)

Row for calories

AMRAP Thrusters

AMRAP Chins

Ok, two things. First, what the crap is up with me and this freakin' bubonic plague? My patience wore off with this thing weeks ago. Second, what is up with Jerry and rowing? As I stated in my previous blog, Katie + rowing = a whole lot of suck. So Katie + rowing+ bubonic plague= even more suck... if that's humanly possible! I felt like a double s this morning, but again, I was vertical, and I was there, which right now is about 65% of the fight. (The other percentages are made up of mental efforts, and actual physical efforts, but getting to the blue room and not turning and running the second I get there is the biggest part of the fight right now.) To be honest, things have been feeling so bad lately that I'm honestly afraid of the WOD's. Yeah, that's not good. I really hope that that feeling goes away soon.

Today's workout was another gasser since it involved rowing. I really don't understand it. I mean, I'm not terrible at rowing. But geez, I get off the rower and I can't function. It's like my body just decided that it thinks playing "Jello" for a few minutes might be fun. Seriously, I get all jiggly and sort of kind of can't walk right. Although, if I may give myself one ounce of credit, some of my former Crossfit training really stuck with me today despite my Jello legs, and when I got off that rower I did not hesitate to pick up the bar for the thrusters that followed. I was able to pick up the bar and eek out about 5 or 6 before taking a few breaths and continuing on. I did not do as well as I would have liked on the chins, but I still did an ok job. After looking at all four rounds I have to say that despite how bad I felt during the circuit I was pretty pleased with the output. I was able to almost perfectly maintain my numbers across the circuit. My row was off by one calorie, my thrusters were maintained within one, and except for one slip in the third round my chins were all the same.

This tells me that things are starting to come back online, although they are not as high as I would like. But more importantly what I would really like is to feel good. My movements just don't feel fluid or feel like they used to at all. Patience, yes, yes, I know, but I would just like to at least feel like things are good, even if the numbers are not where I would like. Does anyone know where I can buy some patience? Do they sell that at Tar-zhay (Please note that this is really Target, but I was trying to write it as I say it... with a really BAD French accent! )

That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved. -Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Katie - Hang in there! I hope you are feeling better soon! Pace yourself girl!
:) Kim

Jerry Hill said...

Hey Katie,
You are Rallying!
The look in the eye, the effort in the room, the wit on the blog...
Push through this next week!

In Strength,
Jerry