Friday, February 29, 2008

The morning after...




So last night we celebrated Crossfit's first birthday. Crossfit has grown tremendously, even since my early days as a Crossfitter. Crossfit is no longer a baby but now a growing toddler. Our numbers are growing, and so are the size of our weights. No mercy was shown this morning on those of us who celebrated a bit too hard...

Warm Up
TGU- start light, work up heavy
5 Rounds or 25 minutes
20 KB Swings
10X Front Squat
10X Chins
20X Wall Ball

So aside from being really tired from our great celebration last night, today's workout actually seemed like a good one. I was using heavier weights than I used before the bubonic plague! It seems that things many finally be starting to come back on line. I'm still not back a full 100%. I couldn't bust through that circuit today, but things are certainly starting to feel stronger again.

On my work heavy today, I posted up a 45 pound barbell TGU! That's a PB. I've never done a TGU with anything heavier than a 20 lb. dumbbell. That felt pretty good, although since Jerry was taking pictures, and the whole class was watching, I was a little bit nervous that I wasn't going to get it up. (*snicker* That's what he said.... tehehehehehe) But, with a good post, I was able to get my 45 pound TGU up on both sides, even with my lopsided right arm dominance.

My circuit today was a little slower than I would have liked, but I was able to do the full 20 and 10 and get 4 rounds in. I also picked up a heavier kettlebell for the first time ever as well. I was swinging 45 pounds for my kettlebell swings. Talk about a bang up day! It felt good to be in this morning. It felt good to be out last night with a quality group of people. Now if my personal life would just fall in line... we'd be all good. But until that happens, I'll settle for just being good in the blue room.

Friendship is certainly the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love.- Jane Austen




1 comment:

Jerry Hill said...

Fun stuff with the TGU Katie!