Thursday, February 14, 2008

Guess who's back! Back again... Katie's back... tell your friends...

Dah, dah, dah, dah, dahhhh, duh, dah, dah, dah, dah, duh, dah, dah, dah, KIDS! Ok, so if you've never listened to Eminem, you're probably thinking right now I'm even more off my rocker than usual... but don't worry, I'm still just my normal unusual self. Thoroughly confused? SWEET! :) My work here is done, it's been a good day! :) Tehe. If you have heard the song, now it's stuck in your head and you're probably sitting there bobbing your head as you sit at the computer singing it to yourself... tehe!

Anyhew, as my blog title so aptly states, I am back. After my long hiatus due to a craptastic knee and then my experience with the bubonic plague, I have finally made it back into the blue room. It's been an ok week so far. I feel about as bad as I expected, but didn't lose as much as I thought I did. We did a max set of chins today and I was still able to hit 11 which felt good, but I really would have liked to have bettered that number. At least by one! But alas, it was not to be this morning, but it felt good to be back. Amidst many jokes about boobs being in the way for dips and flying arm bars, McCall having a pep talk with her girls to keep them out of the way, and Chriss (yes two s') commenting on his nuts, it was a pretty humorous morning in the blue room. I must say there was a lot of love on this Valentine's Day. And I can't think of anyone I would rather spend Valentine's Day with than all my X-fitters.... aww! I heart you guys! And especially all my fans out there. I am apparently getting a fan club... big shout out to Elise! I'm sorry that I haven't been able to keep you entertained during class. I'll do better this week! I promise! Please don't fire me! Anyway, I'm getting sidetracked.. back to the workout of Love.

To be frank, Jerry picked a doozy today. A sellout on a ton of exercises.... 30 seconds on 15 off for 5 rounds... ouch! I felt ok with high pulls, sits, tgu's, and chins, but man did I ever realize A.) just how out of X-fit shape I am, and B.) how much I am missing my tris. Before my hiatus Jerry and Andrea were trying to help me get my push up form right. Now I finally understand why I always hurt in my elbows afterwards, which is good. This is also why I have a ton of shoulder strength and NO triceps. So it was great to understand what was wrong, terrible to try to fix it on a sell out today. I really need to focus on getting my arms under me instead of in front or to the side. It's the same with my ring dips. I tend to not roll far enough forward over the rings and then my form goes straight to hell in a handbasket. I am not sure where I put my paper from this morning so I can't log my new stats, although, to be honest, stats don't mean much right now. Right now I just want to get back to where I was and really dial in on some form issues that I'm having, because ultimately those form issues, and the lack of my tris, are what are keeping me from getting a muscle up.

I wish I could put in here the drawing of me that I made. I made a stick figure drawing of this girl with ginormous shoulders, and itty bitty triceps. It was funny, and very accurate. Think Superman looking stick figure with a ponytail. :) But alas, I am technologically challenged and don't know how to add doodles to my blog. I know that the strength will come in time with the correct form, so I just have to be patient. It's just that the day that God made me, he made me perfect in every way, except that he was so please with me that he got all excited and then forgot to give me my dose of patience. :P

So, patience... I can buy that somewhere right? :P I know truthfully I just need to keep working hard, and slowly I will get back into X-fit shape. And hopefully by the end of March my short term goals will be achieved. My sub 10 minute Fran with a pro level weight, and my 20 chins. I think I'll get there. I just need to let my body heal completely from the bubonic plague and get back in the game. In the meantime, I'm going to keep doin' how I do... Kickin' butt... and makin' some of you laugh in the process! :)

Two fitting quotes of the day today... :) Happy Valentine's Day to all!

The most wasted of all days is one without laughter. - E.E. Cummings
All love that has not friendship for its base, is like a mansion built upon sand.- Ella Wheeler Wilcox

No comments: