Friday, March 7, 2008

Back in the game...

After a rough start to the week this week with issues at work, I was finally able to make it back to the blue room on Thursday for a sneaky little circuit.
Warm-Up
TGU 5XL, 5XR
10 Jumping Chins
AMRAP in 25 minutes
5 Front squats (65 lb.)
10 Jumping lunges
5 Handstand push or sub 10 half reps
10 Knees to elbows
I have to admit... I was starting to worry that things would never come back online after my bout with the bubonic plague. Now, in all fairness it has taken about three weeks and I'm still not 100%, thank you now work, but finally I started to feel as if I'm at least getting some of my strength back. Dare I publicly admit that the 65 pound front squats were somewhat.... uh... well... easy? I should probably bite my tongue, I just know that next time we do squats Jerry is going to make me try 105. He's also going to make me go heavier so I can't reverse curl the bar. I just know it. (Although, Jerry if you're reading, I'm somewhat interested in experimenting with my overhead squat weight... dare I say 95? Or perhaps 100? I just want to see if I can do it.... :) ) Anyway, the squats and jumping lunges felt good. I'm still working on those tris, which are so weak in comparison to my shoulders, so the handstands were feeling not so hot. I've never done knees to elbows before and could tie about four together before I couldn't get my legs up anymore. Heh. Props to Mel who does these with her knees on her chest. I have no idea how she does it! I felt a little sluggish through the circuit but think I posted 7 or 7 1/2 rounds. I lost count so I'm really not sure, which is why I didn't post on logs it all. Sorry Jerry! This is why I can't be trusted to take responsibility for my counting..... :P

No comments: