Sunday, March 9, 2008

Scenes from the kitchen....



So I went swimming, and as I was swimming was trying to think of a better way to explain per my previous blog what happened in my kitchen earlier. It all started one Sunday morning...

So I went to the coffee shop this morning and spent about three hours grading some papers. Yes, I am REALLY THAT behind. Well when I got home, I opened the refrigerator and realized that I still had leftover Chines food in there from Wednesday evening. Now of course, I said Wednesday and immediately went hmmmmm... and just then, an angel popped up on my right shoulder. "Katie," she said, because of COURSE my angel would be a woman, "you know five day old Chinese food is not a good idea. You're asking to get sick later." "You're right," I said. And just as I was about to throw it in the trash, didn't that pesky little devil appear on my left shoulder, and wouldn't you know it, it was a man. "Katie, you're heating it up," he said. "Anything bad would get cooked out anyway so you're totally FINE." "HMMMM," I said, "you know you're right." Now, here is where my angel should have stepped in and bitch slapped me, but unfortunately, the devil WAS pretty cute and she was otherwise distracted.

So I heated up the Chinese food and after about two bites didn't they both pop up again. She looking supremely pissed off, and him with a big old handprint on his face. (Hey, he isn't called the devil for nothing you know...) Anyway, she told me to quit eating, he told me to keep going. I was torn. Then something else happened. A face even more impacting than my angel or my devil. God? No. Lo and behold, it was the face of Jerry. And although he wasn't really there, I could totally hear his voice saying to me, "You know Katie, that's not really on the Zone, and you know, even if it was, there're way more blocks there than you need." And just like that, the angel and the devil scampered off, and I was deflated. I made my little "Oh" noise, which sadly I cannot replicate through this crazy electronic media, but if you've heard it, you know it. I threw the Chinese food in the trash, and grabbed an apple. Then I packed my bag and hit the pool to work off a little of the Chinese at least.

I hope you enjoyed the scenes from my kitchen.... :P I hope that you don't have any of these.....

1 comment:

Mr. Mirek said...

YES! Another CF-ing teacher. You've made my CF Teachers List. Welcome to the club!