Sunday, March 16, 2008

I remember now why I used to hate pyramid sets...

Yesterday's workout was brutal. It's the only way to describe it. After the workout on Friday, I was in some serious pain, and there are lots of bruises to show just how hard I pushed that day. But, nonetheless I was back in the blue room on Saturday am for another rough one. If you are feeling particularly frisky, any of the workouts from this week really ought to test you.

Warm up
Quick Cals
Partner Chin work
Take your max plus partner max and add together
Multiply by three
Hit that number in 7 minutes

WOD
"Quads"
50 jumping squats
40 KB swings
30 front squats
20 jumping lunges each leg
10 burpees
50 med ball/wall ball sit ups
10 burpess
20 jumping lunges each leg
30 front squats
40 KB swings
50 jumping squats

Total time was over 27:00. This one flat out hurt. I could not bust through this for the life of me. It seems that things in the blue room are getting better, I'm picking up heavier weights again, but Jerry's workouts keep getting tougher. Why is that? :P

Pain is life--the sharper, the more evidence of life.
-- Charles Lamb

Pain and pleasure, like light and darkness, succeed each other.
-- Laurence Sterne

Man endures pain as an undeserved punishment; woman accepts it as a natural heritage.
-- Anonymous

1 comment:

Mr. Mirek said...

Oh yes...I love the sound of "Quads." Now there's a workout to look forward too. Spring Break has me focused on rest, recovery, and diet. Stretching is key, so I think I'll hit "Quads" when I get back from the break. Thanks for tha "pain" quotes.