Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Was it madness or mayhem?



So just today I was tinking... I haven't had a picture in my blog for awhile, and lo and behold... it was a perfect day for it. Today's workout was called madness, or maybe it was mayhem? Chaos? No, definitely started with an M. Anyway, regardless of the name, it was basically a seriously f'ed up,(should it be ed? or just d? Anyone? Bueller?) cracked out Fight Gone Bad. I just have to say, despite the hip flexer, I thought I hit a decent number today. Then I realized that I got crushed by the guys in the 0645 class... and 0730. Jerks! :P I have to say though... this whole hip flexer thing and I aren't getting along real well. It takes me 20 minutes to stretch it out just so that I can get into the warm-up. Then I stretch some more, and then about half way through the circuit it feels like it finally loosens up. It needs to go away... like yesterday... or maybe last week. Anyhoo.... today's fun looked like this...

Warm up
Clean and push press review

WOD
1:30 on each station
:30 transition time
2:00 rest
AMRAP in 1:30
X 3 Rounds

Rotate through four exercises
Squat box jumps (I modified to box jumps)
Clean and press X55 lb (women)
TGU x20lb db
Row for calories

So, my breakdown today wasn't too bad. I hit 28, 29, and 30 on the jumps which made me happy. I did feel though that if my numbers increased I should have had more in the first round, but, hindsight is always 20/20. Clean and press was interesting... round 1 I picked up the bar and it felt off. It felt awkward and unusally unbalanced. It took me 9 reps before I realized that it wasn't me... the bar was loaded with a 10 on the left side and a 15 on the right. That cost me a few reps so the clean and press went 9, 16, 18. Not too shabby with a 55 lb bar. TGU's... oof. TGU's weren't pretty. Lots of strain on the flexer... they were bad... 9, 7, 5... I walked off the third round... I just couldn't do it. Row was solid across the board, 20 at each round. All in all, not a bad showing... maybe one of these days I'll actually get to keep the top score! :P Not likely, but it's a nice thought... :P

Energy is the essence of life. Every day you decide how you're going to use it by knowing what you want and what it takes to reach that goal, and by maintaining focus. - Oprah

No comments: