Tuesday, May 12, 2009

PUSH it...

Here are a few choice musical selections that could potentially be fudged to have some sort of a six degrees of Kevin Bacon connection to the workout I did this morning... translation... so the subject isn't EXACTLY related, but a word or two might be... ;) BTW does it disturb anyone else that Hillary Duff is in a towel? I was disturbed...



Push It!

Another related song...

After viewing my youtube videos... please click right here ------> :)

Oh, please tell me that you find my Rick Roll hilarious! I did! And look, you learned something new! Thank God for Wickipedia! :) hehe...

Alright enough silly banter, let's get down to business. Jerry put together one nasty little WOD Tuesday. I love me some barbell work, but with schedules and everything... well you've been reading. You know life has kept me away from my true love, so Tuesday's WOD was a bit challenging for me, but it was good to get back into the box.

Our wod looked like this.

15 minutes
Every minute do 2 clean and jerks
90% of your max
For every rep missed or failed attempt, add 5 burpees to be done at the end.

Ok, first off, no way was 90% of my max going to happen. That would have had to have been about 130. Nuh uh. No could do. Sooo... I decided to go with 115. I thought that would be a good compromise. But after 3 rounds with 115, I was having issues with my clean. Something was hinky (thank you Abby and NCIS) about my clean. It just didn't feel right. I was doing something funky with my knees and so it was just causing me grief. I had to drop down and did 105.

After dropping, I got into a rhythm and it felt pretty good. I only had 2 misses in the whole set. I should have tried 110 instead of 105 first, but hindsight is always 20/20. The 105 felt better, but the clean part was still hinky. My jerks were pretty solid. They felt about spot on, but I can assure you that I'm definitely still sore two days later. It felt good to get the jerks in though, and I'm glad I got back into the box. I was able to push jerk it real good! ;)

No comments: