Monday, November 3, 2008

Barbell work...

Nothin' like jumpin' into a smokin' barbell circuit first thing on Monday morning. AWESOME! :) I sort of felt like I was going to meet Pukie during this one because it was a pretty tough mix of metcon and strength. The load wasn't too heavy, but when you try to bust through it, that "not too bad load" starts to feel wwwwwwaaaaay worse than you think it will. Kinda like those decisions I make with a large portion of my life... you know... the ones that SOUND like a good idea at the time but rarely are? :P Yeaaaaahhhh... so about that... :P LOL. Anyhoo, here's what today's fun looked like.

Barbell Work
10 Rounds for time or 30 minutes of work
5 Thrusters (Thrust 'er? I don't even KNOW 'er!)
7 Hang power cleans
9 Barbell high pulls

Total time 22:16

I felt like I rested way too much on this one. I was trying to keep the bar up even if it was only for 3 before I had to drop it. But even with doing that, I still felt slow and a little sluggish. Maybe it's cause I've been out of the Blue Room for a few days, but who knows. It felt good to get everything in in under 30 minutes though. I was glad I beat the cut off. I heard through the grapevine that I missed Angie, and another max clean and jerk day. I'm not a happy camper about that, but the rest and relaxation was much needed. When I have some time, I'll try to upload a picture or two of me. Let me just say, I look great on a horse... :P I should have been a cowgirl... I should have learned to rope and ride..... wearin my six shooter ridin' my pony on a cattle drive... Oh I shoulda been a cowgirl***

**** lyrics have been changed to suit my purpose... cause I can... and I'll do what I want! :)

Anyhoo... conferences are in progress... they make me very tired... I feel like I always have to be really peppy with the parents, and it wears me out. But, I'm almost halfway done... woot! :) Just gotta keep keepin' on... :) my afternoon is pretty free and clear, but I have a full hour between 3 and 420, so, I just need to make it through the crunch. I can do it!!!! :) You know, I just looked for that SNL skit where they make fun of Kerry Strug and Bella is yelling, "You can do it!" and I couldn't find it.... sad... but man that would have been perfect! :) Until next time, the feast, is mine! Yikes! And away! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Katie!

It seems like you've got your pluckiness back!

Katie said...

LOL... my pluckiness? I'm not sure if it is back permanently but at least temporarily... :P The time away felt good and was much needed, but I am glad to be back...

Diarist said...

Heh!!

You ever get tempted to do a curl?

I'm proud of the fact I've let all that go!

Katie said...

LOL... oh Steve! Even on my worst days I NEVER think doing bicep curls is a good idea!!!! LOL....

Cara said...

Was this 65lbs?