Thursday, November 20, 2008

Some runnin' and some chinnin'...

So our workout from today didn't look all that brutal, but it certainly was a good gasser. We all know how much I enjoy running (hahaha) so clearly this wasn't my bread and butter, but still, I felt pretty good about this workout all things considered. The workout of the day looked like this

Run 400 meter
Max chins

Jerry has started to follow the main site more recently so it's interesting what's been coming up in the blue room. I'm not really a fan of running, but eh, I guess I have no choice. :P I haven't had a lot of spare time to spend on other's blogs and the CF main site, which totally bums me out, so I didn't realize that's what he was doing until he told me. I was able to get 5 full rounds of this in, plus one more run. My chins I maintained at 14 across the board, which, again, all things considered really wasn't that bad.

I have been bummed out by my chin numbers lately, but I just haven't felt really good on the bar. I've been worried so much about speed that the form on my chins has sort of gone to pot, and so we're going to have to start all over again. Jerry suggested going back and resetting my PR. Making sure that I'm higher over the bar. That's sort of a sad feeling to lose the PR, but I know he's right. Good form is more important than whether or not I can do 24 sort of reps on a bar. But, as Jerry said to me the other day while I was leaving, I should enjoy this challenge because it's going to take a lot of strength. :P Ah, damnit. He knows my weakness..... :P LOL.

No comments: