Monday, November 10, 2008

Max power cleans... and Lt. Dan's Birthday...

Seriously, I got a case of the giggles today during CF. I was giving Lt. Dan so much grief and it was his birthday... awwww... oh well. I love my adoptive father! :) Power clean stuff and Dan's innuendo that made me giggle coming later...

So, it's later.... :P LOL. Today was Lt. Col Dan's birthday. While I should have been extra special nice today, I coudln't do that. It just wouldn't be, well, us. So I was giving him all sorts of grief while we were working out, and then all of a sudden as he's watching us power clean and bemoaning our flexibility he just blurts out "Man, I wish I could get it THAT good." I couldn't help it. I really tried. It came out as just a little giggle at first, and then, I just started laughing. I wish Gar would have been there because we all know how he is the best at finding innuendos. It was hilarious.... well at least to me it was. I'm not so sure about anyone else.

Anyway, today was a fun day. It was a max power clean day. I was a little disappointed with the weight I put up. I've been feeling so strong lately I def felt like I should have been able to put up more but my pull from the floor is a weak point for me, and I was only about to power clean 130. I was close with 135 but I feel like I should easily be able to do about 150. Really, if I can hang clean 135-140, I should be able to use the extra momentum from the floor to bang out 150, but eh, always something to work on.

I failed once at 120, and had to try 130 three times. Jerry said the form was good, but I need to work on being more explosive on the first pull from the floor. But, I made it to CF today and that's half the fight sometimes. I really was beat. I didn't get home from work until after 11 and then by the time I got to bed it was late and then I was awake at 4:15. I hate it when I can't even sleep through to my alarm. Yar. That drives me nuts. But on a funny note, Cara told me she wanted photos of the comfy Tarzhay pj's I keep talking about... so I took some! Ha!

Now, try not to be too jealous of the awesomeness... but just know that you can go purchase your own at Tarzhay (for those of you who don't fluenty speak French, that's Target) for less than $20. Behold the pajama awesomeness!!!







Until next time... :)

4 comments:

Adrienne said...

It's just wrong to write teasers on you blog.. plain wrong!

Cara said...

Very cute PJs!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah...but can you WOD in them? Huh? Can you? I have to admit you look comfy in them....

Katie said...

LOL... Justa, I probably could, but the question remains, would I WANT to work out in flannel PJs? Would I? WOULD I? LOL... I would sweat my behind off!