Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Put your hands up, put your hands up...

Monday... ugh. Who likes Mondays? Not me, but when they involve overhead work, eh.... they're tolerable. ;) Since I work Sunday nights, and especially since things have been kickin' up at the restaurant lately which means me staying later, I've been getting in Monday nights more. Contrary to popular belief, I have not abandoned my normal 0515 team, but I've been floating around a lot more these days.

I got in Monday night, and after a frustrating day at work, it was good to see my old friend, Jerk, up on the board. Jerk and I have reconciled after the big break up and subsequent outting of me and my torrid affairs... but Jerk understands that, well, I have more than one favorite in my life. He's ok with that now, not so much then, but we've mended the fences in time. ;)

It's been awhile since Jerk and I have seen each other really... I think the last time I hit jerks to be honest, was not too long after the Helen challenge. Throwing around 100 seemed a lot easier then because we were doing a LOT of overhead work. But lately, especially with my wonkey schedule, it seems that I've done no overhead work, except for squats and they don't really count IMHO because my load has been relatively light.

Anyhoo, I jumped in with the 545 crew on Monday night and worked up to some heavy jerks x 3. I had forgotten, how could I have?, that the bar can be VERY unfogiving to your clavicle... let me tell you... my "hickies" are GREAT! :P I really need to stop making out with the barbell... anyhoo.... weights looked like 'dis.

35X5
55X5
75X3
85X3
95X3
105X3
115X3
125X3
130X1

130X1 is the best jerk I've had since mid-December. I was pleased to get that overhead. Last time we did SINGLES Jerry stopped me at 125 for form faults. It felt good to throw 130 up over my head. I'm not going to lie. It felt good to get my hands up. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's some good work there, Katie! I'm glad you and jerk have gotten back together!

Melissa Urban said...

Holla! I want your strength!!! Now I have a girl crush on your OHS AND your jerk. Nice job, hot stuff.

Katie said...

Justa, it was rough going there for a little while... Jerk was a bit jealous, and mad... but he got over it... ;)

Melissa! Holla back girl! You got down with your funky bad self on those pull-ups... ;) I'll make you a deal... if you give me your eating foo... I will give you my strength! Deal? BTW... I have a t-shirt for you!