Monday, October 13, 2008

So much for being a spectator...

Well, my plan today was to go into CF and be a spectator. Truthfully, I'm still not walking right and am still having a lot of pain in my knees after the race. But, when I got to the room, all I could think about was finding a way to modify and get a workout in. It killed me to miss so much time the last two weeks, and I'm really raring to go. Now it's totally bumming me out that I can't just jump right back into things. But seriously, the knee needs ice and some time to heal, so I need to be smart and not my usual stubborn stupid self.

But regardless, I was determined to get a workout in, so I modified. So, when all was said and done, this is what my workout looked like today.

1 round for time

20 Chins
30 Strict press (55lbs)
40 Push-ups
50 Abmats
40 Push-ups
30 Strict press
20 Chins

Time-22:00 yup... on the button... :)

The original workout called for two runs between the 40's and 50, but no way could my knees take that. My knees also could take the high pulls, slamballs, and box jumps, which are what I subbed out. I kept the chins though, so it felt good to be back on the bar today. I know that I probably seem crazy, but CF is hard to give up for me. So, I really wanted to be back at it today.

Since we're off today, I'm probably going to spend some more time icing down my knees in an attempt to make the swelling go down, and hopefully I'll be back ready for a real CF workout by the end of the week. We'll see.

Thanks again to everyone who signed my shirt and supported me and congratulated me on my race! I'm so glad I did the race, but I'm glad that it's behind me now! LOL.... :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go easy. No CF for a couple of weeks is much better than no CF for months, right?

Diarist said...

Looks like Justa is giving good advice again..pity we can't leave any on his blog eh?

Rest up you crazy girl!

Katie said...

I would love to rest up... but see... CF is just so tempting!!! :P

Cara said...

Hey - nice modification of the workout!