Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday's Perfect Push-Ups

Have I ever mentioned my immense dislike of push-ups? I'm just checkin'. Cause you know, I really don't like them. Maybe we should just establish this one small fact.... if I can't throw it over my head, onto my shoulders, or squat it, I'm probably not going to like it. I'm just sayin'. :P

Anyway, this was some particular brand of nastiness though. I mean it. The wod itself is this.

Pick your poison
For time
Push-ups
150 120 90 60 30

However, for every rep where you miss rom or if you rest, on the bottom or top, you have a pull-up penalty. That being said... here are your penalties.

15 12 9 6 3

Uh huh... ummmmmmmm.... about that.... so yeah, I don't know exactly how many pull-ups I did this morning, but it was a bunch. I went with the 90's and that was plenty for me, although I felt like a giant wuss since I couldn't do the full 150. I feel like I really ought to be better at these but erring on the side of caution... I went with the 90's today. I did the extra which was some 400 meter run work and I called it a day. I'm praying for work tonight and tomorrow to go quickly so I can get to the weekend..... please hurry!

No comments: