Wednesday, April 7, 2010

I'm 75% sure...

You know what I love? Heavy weights over my head, but you know what I don't love? Heavy weights over my head. I'm trying really hard to be smart about the whole injury/recovering thing, but I'm not going to lie, it's not as easy as I'd like. I suppose the old saying, if it were easy, everyone would do it, could apply here, but seriously.

Wednesday's wod was jerk X 1. I talked things over with Jerry and we decided that I would work up heavy to 75% and stop. If anything hurt before then, I was to ditch the bar immediately. Nothing really hurt on the ramp ups, but damn it all if I didn't just feel weaker than a wilted dandelion. Wow... where did that come from? That was a totally random poetic intervention...

Anyway, I just didn't feel like I was solid overhead. I know I know... patience and allowing my arms to fully recover from being shot to hell. But still, I want to go back to moving fast again, and I want to go back to being strong. I don't feel strong right now. At 135 (75% of my 1 RM) I felt like it was excrutiatingly heavy. How in the world can I possibly lift 180 again if I can barely lift 135? I feel like in terms of my strength I've made some serious strides in the wrong direction. It was a frustrating morning for sure... hopefully I feel strong again soon.

No comments: