Sunday, April 11, 2010

Running + pulling = Runling?

After taking a week off, I knew last week that I needed to get back into the swing of things. I didn't go Tuesday when I saw that dreadful push/pull workout, so when I saw Friday's workout, I knew I really needed to get back on the horse and get over the whole mental thing.

Friday's workout was actually Alabama's 3rd workout from their sectional. I sort of liked it, even though it really sucked. It was running and pull-ups. Two things that when combined, = a whole lotta suck, cause there's really no down time and no time to breathe. Normally, I try to regain my breathing on my running. Um, well, that was a little hard on this one because as soon as I would regain it, I'd be back on the pull-up bar, then back out the door, and it would be all sorts of gone all over again. Whoops.

Anyway, the wod was

5RFT

15 pull-ups
400 M run

It sucked, I mean, there's not much I can say. But it's workouts like this that I really need to help prepare for regionals. My cardio is wicked low now, and I totally feel horrific and fat after that week off, so it felt good to hit that one pretty hard. I was the first lady to finish, but honestly, I didn't feel good about it. I may have been the first lady, but it wasn't speedy. It should have been at least a solid minute faster. I was wasting too much time dropping off the bar. If we tackle this again, it will be something to think about.

No comments: