Thursday, February 18, 2010

Double Under of Death...

Have I mentioned recently that I absolutely hate double unders? I haven't? Cause I was pretty sure I did... several times... several hundred times? Maybe? No? Regardless, I'm not a fan. Yes, I know... since October when I didn't know how to do a single one, I'm now stringing a few together, so I am improving but when you sit and watch the person beside you string together 50 like it's not a problem, it's aggravating. When you're fighting for 3 and they've got 30, it can be discouraging.

I didn't throw the rope this time, but I did get very frustrated. I was also frustrated because the rest of the wod I was flying through, but it took me nearly 5 minutes to do each set of double unders. Seriously? What the crap? The wod looked like this...

5rft
15 push press (65lbs)
30 sit-ups
45 double unders

I blasted through the push presses and the sit-ups. Got bogged down in all the double unders.

Total time was close to 29 minutes. I started at 1:00 on the clock and I think I finished at 29:23, so really it was 28:23. I f'ing hate double unders.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm making a list of the things I need to learn how to do. These are up near the top. In fact, just skipping rope is up there. Blech.