Friday, February 12, 2010

Hail to the chief...

So, I'm gullible... ok maybe not gullible, moldable? No, goadable? Maybe that's it. Given the right prompting and the right WAY of suggesting things, I can be talked into just about anything. Ok, let me rephrased that, just about anything when it comes to CF. I don't want you to get the impression that if you started suggesting that I jump of bridges and jump in front of moving cars I would do it. But if you happen to casually suggest that I increase my weight from RX'd to a little higher on a wod, that probably might happen.

To be fair, I did scale up on the chief yesterday and although it was only 10 lbs, it helped to seriously burn out my forearms in a hurry. Repeatedly cleaning 95lbs instead of 85, will start to put you in the hurt locker. That alone probably won't do it, but combine it with the push-ups and squats and you've got a pretty good recipe for the hurt locker.

The Chief
5 Rounds of
AMRAP in 3 minutes of
3 power cleans
6 push-ups
9 air squats

I have to say after the god awfulness that was the DU wod the other day, I was actually looking forward to the Chief today. All 3 things are things I can actually do. Well, apparently I was a little too ahead of myself because the push-ups knocked me on my ass. After almost 3 years now with CF, I still can't do push-ups and I haven't the foggiest clue why. They elude me completely. It's not that I'm not strong enough. For Pete's sake, my shoulders are the strongest part of me I think, so that's not the issue, but I'll be darned if I know what is. I wound up with 19 1/3 rounds on this and I really wasn't happy about that. I hit 20 rounds on this the first time I did this wod over a year ago, and haven't been able to match that since. I have no idea why. I left the box feeling very frustrated after this wod too.

No comments: