Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Run, jump, lift...

It's getting down to the wire now folks. VA/DC/WVA sectionals are coming up fast. To help get all the sectionals athletes ready, and there are a bunch, Jerry has been throwing the disgusting metcons our way for much of the last week. Monday I opted to take a rest day after the insanity that was my weekend. Work Friday, 13 hour double Saturday, plus another shift Sunday combined to pretty much whoop me. Not to mention, I hit that terrible row, OHS, double under wod on Saturday and I wasn't really feeling spunky for the box.

So, Tuesday I made sure to get back in. After working Monday night, I hit the PM class on Tuesday, and certainly enjoyed the run. Well, sort of. It was gorgeous out as it seems that spring has FINALLY decided to make it's way to DC. So, I loved being outside in the warmth and sunshine. It certainly does the soul good. I can at least tell you that. As for the actual running part, that still pretty much sucked, but there's not a whole lot I can do about that.

The wod Jerry threw down was pretty gwoss. I mean that in the nicest way possible too. It went a little something like 'dis.

Run 400M
30 Box jumps
15 cleans
Run 400 M
24 Box jumps
12 cleans
Run 400 M
18 Box jumps
9 cleans

Load: 105lbs
Time: 18:37

I have to say, I was pretty proud of this one honestly. I felt like I really put out on this. Scratch that, put out? Sounds bad. I really gave my all? Better. I was wheezing and gasping through most of this, but I was pretty good about staying off my knees and just at least getting a few more reps. I'm no metcon ninja, but I where other elite (105) folks lost time on the clean and jerks, that's where I sort of made it up. While they smoked me on the run, I gained some of that time back on the jerks. So it was a nice balance. I wasn't the fastest girl on the day, but I was pretty close, and on a metcon with a run, that's pretty good. I'm still not what I would call "psyched" for the sectionals because I'm still too worried about DU's or HSPU coming up, but I'm sort of at peace with it. What will be, will be, and there's not much I can do about it. Life has thrown me some training curves that I didn't see coming and I've done my best to work around them. I've gotten stronger and faster in the last few months, and although my goats haven't gotten that much better, that's not to say that I haven't shown improvement. I have.

So, I'm proud of myself for doing what I need to do for me, and still being able to compete at this level. I think that says a lot about me and my personality, and it says a lot about my level of fitness. I can do this not being totally focused. Imagine what I could do if I was focused! Maybe next year that will happen, but for now, I'm just rollin' with the punches.... but people at sectionals better be ready. I do carry a pretty mean right hook. ;)

No comments: