Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sasquat!

Monday was a nice strength day, something I've been missing with all the gwoss metcons we've been doing lately. We did BS X 5 and with sectionals coming, Jerry encouraged us to go light if we were feeling froggy, and go heavy if we were feeling stoked. I have been feeling a little on the froggy side, so I opted to go for about 75% effort.

I was trying to lift smart and not hurt myself but get some good work in to keep the muscles nice and loose for this weekend. My 1 RM is 225, so I was thinking about 75% of that would be good. Well, I was ramping up and lifting and wound up throwing 175 on for 5. I felt a little tired but felt strong on those. I was starting to put out a little more effort with those though so I decided that was probably a good place for me to quit. Quit while I was ahead so to speak. So I did that, and when I got home checked what my 5 rep max is. I was actually just 15lbs under that. Sooooo I don't know what that really says. Maybe I'm stronger than I think? Maybe I should have backed off more? I'm not sure really. But I got some good work in, and stayed loosened up, and that's what is important. The sectional is not being released until today (Thursday) and I'm not pleased about that, but I'm doing the best I can to stay sane. It's not working too well, but I'm trying.... if they don't come soon though, GACK! I don't know what I'm going to do!

No comments: