Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Things that for some reason are really beginning to irk me...

I'm going to start this list now... and then do the other blogs later. I don't know why I was bothered by this first thing on my list, but... it irked me.

#1- "Baby on Board!" signs

Ok, I understand that parenthood is a big deal, and I hope that someday I will have the opportunity to have someone love me enough to bring a little wee glitter wearin' CF'er into the world. However, I don't understand these stupid little signs. It's like people think that by announcing that they have a child in their car, they have some sort of a special license. As I was following the driver with this sign this morning, I felt like their special license was a license to be stupid. Driving under the speed limit, signaling for nearly a minute before changing lanes, braking for every single possible pothole, squirrel, ant, and every other driver within a mile radius who happened to brake for a legitimate reason and in general driving defensively with a capital DEFENSIVELY.

Don't get me wrong. I understand that kids are precious and the desire to protect is strong, but honestly, driving UNDER the speed limit down here is actually just as dangerous as flying down the highway at 80MPH. Not to mention, the signaling stuff was just plain annoying to all the other drivers around them... they slowed down to let the car over, but then when the person didn't take advantage of the space they were allowing them, they decided to pass them. The car THEN decided it wanted to move, and did the whole swerving thing, as if the cars who were originally trying to be nice, had done something wrong. Irk irk irk... I was annoyed by this this morning.

No comments: