Friday, July 10, 2009

Strict press and pull-up ladder...

Today was a nice arm day. After all the leg work lately I was all in favor. So, my strict presses today looked like this.

35X5
55X5
65X3
70X1
75X1
80X1
85X1
88X1
90X1
92X1(F)
92X1(F)

My max for the strict press is 93 lbs, but I'll be honest, it wasn't pretty when I did it. I have a very bad habit of arching my back and pushing away from my face on the strict press. Today I really was working on tightening my core and getting set and trying not to arch. As my weights got higher, I felt myself arch and push away, and so I called it quits. I don't think this was a bad lifting day for me, because strict press pr's are very hard to come by, especially for me.

After the strict press, I took a shot at the extra work that Jerry had posted which was a simply pull-up ladder. Start at 1 and for every minute, add 1 pull-up. So, 1 minute is 1, then 2, then 3 and so on and so on until you can no longer complete the number of pull-ups in a minute. My pull-ups have gotten weaker, I think largely due to my weight gain, so it was a necessary evil to work them. I need to keep working on my diet. I need to make better choices. My diet needs to become as automatic as my clean or my jerk, or my squat. It needs to become something I do without thinking or wavering.

No comments: