Thursday, December 24, 2009

Jonesworthy

If you've never done this WOD, I actually don't recommend it. There are few wod's that I look at and actually say, "Never Again" about. Most WOD's, if they come up, I will do them because Jerry said so, and I may grumble and gripe, but I will do it. This is one of those WOD's though, where if Jerry actually posts it, I say "Hellz to the No" and take a rest day. Same thing I'd do if the "Hansen" wod every came up again. Seriously, I'd be like, peace out!

I understand that sometimes workouts make you sore. I get that, believe me. I can't actually walk normally right now though, and that's a problem. Especially when you're supposed to be dressed up and looking nice for church, or when you have Christmas shopping you need to finish. Yeah, about that. Not so much. The soreness in my legs, actually just woke me up. That's why I'm typing this at 0415. So, seriously, heed my warnings and just say no to this. I've been awake for an hour. I've watched some really horrible tv, and some interesting tv. Army vs. Navy college rugby was intriguing. Anyway, Jonesworthy looks like this...

Jonesworthy
Squats - 80, 64, 48, 32, 24, 12 = 260
KB Swings - 40, 32, 24, 16, 12, 6 = 130
Pullups – 20, 16, 12, 8, 6, 3 = 65

I started off with a 45 lb KB and had to drop to 35. In addition to causing severe pain in my legs, this wod really messed up my lower back. I noticed during the Hopper that my back tightened up on the KB swings, but I was able to push through. During this wod though, I actually stopped quite a bit because my back was really bothering me. All in all, I just call this wod a bad idea, and chalk it up.

No comments: