Friday, January 29, 2010

4 minutes pain... repeated....

Jerry and the members of the sectional team have been working hard to gear up for the games, which are going to be held at the end of March. In order for the athletes to sort of gauge where they are with their training, Jerry thought up this pretty beastly WOD and put everyone at the affiliate through it. Although it may not look that bad, I can assure you that it really, really, really sucked. It's only a 15 minute workout.... only?

Soooooooo.... here's what it looked like.

4 minutes max clean and jerk (105lbs)
Rest 1 minute
4 minutes max rounds of
3 C2B pull-ups
3 Burpees
Rest 1 minute
4 minute time cap
Row 500 meters
Max double unders
Record the number of max double unders

Basically, this is a test run of a lot of the "potentials" to come out of the hat at sectionals. It was an opportunity for those athletes going to the games to sort of look for weak areas. For others, just an opportunity to get a sick and disgusting workout in.

My numbers for the first two wods were decent. My second number would have been higher, but if my chest didn't hit, I didn't count it. In fact, I probably did about 8 pull-ups extra that I didn't count just because I didn't feel them touch. I did almost 7 rounds with the penalties. If you figure that I had 8 other pull-ups in, that's almost 2 more rounds... which means I could have done almost 9 rounds. My last wod was a pretty decent row, but my double unders were atrocious. Working double unders, especially after about 10 minutes of pretty intense work is hard. I'm not going to lie about that. But I guess if you can double under under extreme fatigue, then you should be able to double under at any time right? Just some food for thought I suppose....

No comments: