Friday, January 15, 2010

Can back squats cure cancer?

After the rough wod's on Monday and Tuesday of this week, I have totally been a hurtin' pup. Muscles I didn't even know existed HURT. So needless to say, I was more than relieved when I saw that today's wod was heavy backsquats. Some of you I'm sure are thinking, why in the world was she relieved? Heavy backsquats are... well... HEAVY. Yes, yes they are. But a heavy back squat X 3, doesn't require me to raise my arms (much)and doesn't involve use of my shoulders really, so I was all for it today. Even after my 3 mile jaunt last night, I was actually feeling pretty good in the legs today. I worked in with Heath and Sean, which makes me giggle cause, well I don't know... but working on a bar with boys makes me laugh. So Heath and Sean and I worked up pretty quickly and got in some good sets today. Soni was all ninja with his hood on, and I was all ninja with my whale socks! Ha. I heart my sock fetish... :)

Anyway, working sets looked like this today...

35X5
85X3
105X3
115X3
135X3
155X3
175X3
185X3
197X3 (PR)

I was leery of making that last jump a 15lb jump and Sean encouraged me to throw some weights on the sides to go for the 2lb PR. I'm glad I did, but at the same time, feel like maybe I should have just gone 200. Oh well. There is always next time right? Not too shabby a day at all today, not too shabby. And let's not forget that back squats can cure cancer, so, I'm good! :)

No comments: