Saturday, January 23, 2010

Dee-licious


I told you I would share things about food that I liked, and here is the first. This stuff is seriously so good, I can barely contain myself. Ok, so I can contain myself, but this stuff is great. It is tasty, and yet so simple to use. If you are Primal/Paleo, this does have Canola oil in it, so probably a no go for you, but if you are Zone, it's a life saver. Bland chicken? No problemo. Throw some Kosher salt and pepper on some chicken breasts and throw them in a glass pan. Put them in the oven at 350 for a while. Eh, roughly 20 minutes or so. Be sure to flip the chicken once in there, and then at about the 20 minute mark, take the mix and dump it on the chicken. ALL of it. Here's the thing. Even if you eat this WHOLE entire jar, it's just over 3 blocks of carbs, and just over 3 blocks of fat. You're not going to do that, you're probably only going to wind up eating about 2-3 Tablespoons which is barely a block of carbs and maybe a block of fat. Pretty cool huh? So anyway, throw it back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes, then pull the chicken back out and throw on some provolone cheese. This basically turns your chicken into a Parmesan minus all the breading and deep fried fat. Cook for 5-10 minutes with cheese, remove and enjoy. It's f'ing dee-licious. I promise. :) Serve with fresh veggies! :) (use butter for the fat and you're all set!)

1 comment:

Erin said...

yummy katie! we need TJ's here in Schweinfurt...I'll have to see what I can find at the Italian shop.