Thursday, June 12, 2008

Alamo CrossFit

If you haven't been to visit Rick down at Alamo CrossFit, you really should. He's one of the funniest guys I know. He's the only person I know who can combine dogs pooping, the latin diet, and barbell chicks all into his site and relate them all to CrossFit. He also comes up with funnier WOD names then me. Catch the name of today's workout in his post... ;) We miss him in the blue room. But Rick had a nice post, of course humorous, about me today, so I thought I'd post it up. Go visit him. :) Tell him I sent you, and then harass him big time. :) Tehehe....

Rick's Post

Thursday, 12 June 08

I got this friend...yeah, I actually do have a few of those and some I din't even pay. But I have this pal, Katie. Katie is part of a great group of CrossFitter's that makeup the crew at CrossFit Challenge in Old Town Alexandria, VA. She's inspiring in a few very special ways. One is that she loves Latin food ( ), but secondly and more importantly is that she's a regular person, a regular gal, who embraced CrossFit in all it's sweat inducing and muscle paining glory, and has become something I think many peeps think they may never be. Does that make sense?

Probably not, so I thought I would have Katie share her story with y'all. Oh, and in case you missed it, Katie was the CrossFit chick featured on CF HQ website on June 10th, 2008. After that, click HERE for "Row, MoFo, Row"

"CrossFit brought back a part of me that I thought I lost several years ago. My strength. Now, I don't want you to get confused. I don't mean my physical strength, I mean my tenacity, my drive, my strength to be able to keep going and persevere when things in life get rough." Read more HERE...

Posted on Thursday, June 12, 2008 at 07:44AM by Rick Martinez |

No comments: