Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Hurt so good... Oh Angie...

Bah nah nah nah, naaaaah nah! Hey! Bah nah nah nah, nah nah! Ohhhhh... Angie. Dear sweet Angie. You made it hurt so good today. Oh heavens. I can't really lift my arms.... I'm sure that I'm probably going to require some form of massage (any volunteers? Yes? :P ) after that beating. It's been six weeks since the last time we did Angie. Do you remember? Oh, I remember all too well. Let's take a walk down memory lane shall we? I'm feeling nostalgic... ;) This was posted the day after Angie.

Well, after that steller performance last time, I was ready to get back in the Blue Room with a vengance today. Angie as Rx'd looks like this:

"Angie"
100 Chins
100 Push Ups
100 Sit-ups
100 Squats

Although my spirit was there, my body was not so much. Being away from the Blue Room, while fun, hurt me a bit today. My hands still have not healed and I had a lot of trouble gripping the bar for my 100 chins today. I also just felt a bit lethargic. I'm sure it has something to do with grade stress, flying stress etc. But no excuses, I ponied up and went Rx'd today. Chins didn't take me too long even with the hang ups. I felt a tear coming half way and had Jerry tape me, but I just couldn't work with the tape. I ripped it off and kept going. I was doing ones and twos at a time, which really slowed me down, but I got 'em done.

Then it was on to my nemesis. "Aha, Push-ups. You evil fiend. We meet again... at last." Or, well, that was my imagined conversation that I was having with my push-ups today. :p I spent a lot of time down there... a LOT! I was hurtin! I can only do push-ups in groups of 2 or 3, but I am proud of myself. Last time I did 60, all modified to knees. This time, I defeated my nemesis and did all 100 to standard. Chest, hips, chin to deck. Hooah! :0)

The sit-ups felt good because I needed to work off my weekend! And after that it was on to squats. I felt ok there, but really am very conscious about squat form now. I'm always worried about popping on the toes, or doing the knee bounce thing that I do, and I was having some trouble getting them done. But all in all, it was still a good workout. I posted this in 34:56 I believe. I forget the seconds exactly, but I know it was 34:??. I'm glad to have gotten through this one this time, and not screwing it up. Yay for following directions! :) Ahh... yes... back to the Blue Room. Feels good to be home.... :) Awww....

3 comments:

Kurt T. Fuller said...

Push-ups suck, but Thrusters are worse yet.

KF

Anonymous said...

This is about the T-shirt poll... I tried to convince the Las Vegas guys to make a shirt that said:

Las Vegas Crossfit
The only place with safe snatches

The idea just didn't take, but come on! That is perfect for there!

Katie said...

LOL... yes Brian... that shirt would be good for Vegas! :P LOL.