Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Front squats 3-3-3-3-3

We've hit this workout three times in the last two weeks or so. I think Jerry is trying to tell us that we need a bit more work on our front squats. :P But regardless, like a happy little CF lemming, I will do what Jerry tells me to. :)

So, today's workout was front squats X 3-3-3-3-3. The first time we hit this workout I was only able to put up 140 X 3 as my max. I was sort of bummed with that, because it didn't feel good and because I couldn't even get 145 up once. The second time we did this, on the 29th I was more aggressive with my jumps and because of that I think I was able to get 145 X 3.

Today, well, today to me really didn't make a whole lot of sense. I'll just be honest about that right now. I woke up feeling like death, but went to CF anyway. Part of that whole resolving to be more dedicated and get the Zone back and blah blah blah. Anyhoo, despite feeling like death, I was actually able to PR today, which really I don't understand at all. 85 lbs felt ridonkulously heavy today. I'm not joking, it really did. So imagine my surprise when I hit a PR. My loads looked like this...

65 X 5
85 X 3
115 X 3
125 X 3
135 X 3
150 X 3
155 (F)

I think part of what allowed me to be successful today was my game plan. Oh yeah, my game plan. I had one of those... LOL. Basically, I was just much more aggressive in my jumps than I have been in the past. In the past, I've always spent a lot of time on lower weights, just warming up. Today, I skipped past weights and was more aggressive. I think that really helped. I was pretty stoked about the 150. I think that's a good day's work. I'll take it.

I have to admit though that I left school early today. I really wasn't feeling well. I finally caved and made a doctor's appointment since I've been sick since before Thanksgiving. He says slight sinus infection and small chance of mono. Greeeeeeattttt... just what I wanted to hear. *sigh* I feel very crappy but Coach Glassman is in town. It's once in a lifetime opportunity so I'm going to drag myself to dinner and meet him. As sick as I am, I am still excited....

6 comments:

Diarist said...

Front squats? No thanks!!!

Katie said...

Steve, what's wrong with front squats?

Diarist said...

Nothing!!

They are just darned tough mothers thats all!

Very satisfying to complete though!

Katie said...

Aha... tough indeed... elbows are the key to front squats!

Cara said...

Congrats again on the PR! I posted a great picture of you in my blog... although it doesn't seem to be showing up...hmmmmm

AngieDSimplyMe said...

Great Job Katie!

Yep... Suck it up and go meet Coach... I'd love to have the opportunity.

Enjoy and take care of yourself...
:)