Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday's metcon ninjary...

Hmmm.... metcon ninjary? I've invented a new word! Woot! Ok, but for serious, the workout today was a total metcon burner. I'm going to confess something that as a CF'er I'm almost embarassed about. I've never actually met pukie. I'm not sure if this means I'm a wuss, or is just due to the fact that I never eat before I workout... who knows... but anyway, during this workout, I actually thought it might happen. Jerry's been throwing out some good metcon work lately, and this one was no exception. Here's what the fun looked like...

5 rounds for time
400 meter run
30 abmats
20 kbhp (50lbs)
10 chins

Time: 30:05

Arg! So close to being under thirty minutes like the true metcon ninjas!!! Roar! Oh well, this was actually some really good work for me. I was pleased with the time and the work overall. The HP were a bit rough for me, but I was trying to break them into sets of 11/9 or 12/8 and was pretty successful with that. The chins were feeling a little better during this workout too, so that was encouraging. The run, oh dear... running has again become a weakness. Grrr... but what can I say? I'm not a runner. I wish I had the running of Leslie and Karen. Then I'd be awesome. But, I don't... so, always something to work on right? LOL... :P

No comments: