Saturday, August 8, 2009

First Friday

I totally heart first Friday. It's always a fun time at CFOT and I'm glad that Jerry came up with the idea. Every first Friday we have the opportunity to choose our own hero or girl workout and get busy. It's fun to see how many people make it in on Friday. The board is always covered. I got stuck on a Josh train for awhile. I loved the overhead squat pull-up combo, but I've tried to get away from that for the last two months. Last month I did a men's RX'd Randy. This month I decided to do Fran. We've been working on heavier thrusters and pull-ups a lot and so I thought I'd see if I could break my PR but now for the second time I've missed it. I did Fran in 6:03. Bummer.

I did 17 unbroken thrusters in the first round and 14 unbroken pull-ups but then I went into the round of 15's and felt like serious poo. I just couldn't tie anything together and the second round took me way too long. The final round I was able to do the thrusters in 5 and 4. The pull-ups took me too long too. So, I hate to say it, but maybe I need to game Fran? That sort of sucks, but that great first round that I had killed my second round. I was done with my first round in 2:03. Each round should have been faster from there, but sadly they were. If you think my 15's should have taken only 2 minutes that would put me entering the final round at 4:03 (plenty of time for a PR) which I should be able to do in 1:00 or so. So, really I need to figure this one out... as sucky as that is... boo.

No comments: