Sunday, December 14, 2008

Hang squat cleans 1-1-1-1-1-1-1

Cleans are like my absolute most favoritist thing to do. I heart cleans. So I was stoked to go in and see hang squat cleans on the menu today. I'm not as good at squat cleans as just straight up cleans, but eh, what the hey. It's still a clean right? So anyhoo, the workout was of course hang squat cleans heavy 1-1-1-1-1-1-1.

Well, I started out light so I could get a good warm-up in and then I just started throwing weight on. I was really hoping to hit 130/135 and as I was inching up I thought I felt pretty good. So, I kept going. Next thing I knew, I cleaned 135 and squated it. That's a clean max for me! Then, I was feeling frisky, so I tried 140 and got it! Woot! Then, I tried 145. I failed all three times, but you know what, I got the clean up. My fail was driving back out of the whole. But hey, you know what, I'll take that. :) So, a new clean and squat PR at 140lbs. Woot! :)

No comments: