Thursday, December 18, 2008

Heavy deads 3-3-3-3-3

Oooh... deads messed with me on Friday so I wasn't too happy to see these come up again so soon, but nonetheless I put on my "Go get 'em tiger" face and tackled them the best I could. I was really focused on not rounding. I'm still losing core tension though. I really need to get that down if I'm ever going to be good at deads. My hamstrings are my weak point on my body. I will own that weakness. Shoulders, strong like ox. Legs, weak like sissy girl. Yup. I said it. But anyway, my highest reps looked like this.

135 X 3
155 X 3
175 X 3
180 X 3
185 X 3

My dead PR is only 195. So I was pretty please with the weights for this. I just wish I could not round my back. Always something to work on right? :P

2 comments:

Diarist said...

Deadlifts are one of my fave exercises! I could happily do them every day, the heavier the better eh?

Is it me, or when lifting does it feel like your heart is really working overtime?

Katie said...

Steve, I think it's you... I love heavy lifting days... but it's the metcon days where my heart thinks it may actually 'splode... ;)