Monday, December 29, 2008

Max Front Squats 3-3-3-3-3 plus some more Funishment

If you are looking for more info on the Front Squat X 3-3-3-3-3-3 STOP reading this post and go read this one... ------> http://katiesmindlessramblings.blogspot.com/2009/07/what-in-front-squat.html


Ok, seriously... I have gained back five pounds of all that fat that I lost and it feels gwoss. I really needed to hit up CF today... so hit up CF today I did. But since I'm off for a blessed for more days, I decided to sleep in and hit the 9am class. Apparently a few other people had that same idea and there was actually a pretty big crowd today at 9.

Although we hit max fronts X 3 about a week ago, Jerry brought 'em up again today. I have admitted that my glutes and hams are weak and are in dire need of some work... but seeing squats come up again today gave me a bit of a groan, but they need work, so work them I did. Unfortunately, our extra work today also involved burpees, but again... need to work them, so I did.

Last week when we hit the front squats, I topped at 140. I couldn't get 145 up and I think that's because I spent too much time on the lower weights. I think the key for me is to work up smarter and faster. I need to make more aggressive jumps so I don't burn out on lighter weights. So today, I decided to try being more aggressive. I worked in with Stacey and Rashed and after 2 sets with 35, I jumped to 85 and dove in. So, my sets today looked like this

85 X 3
105 X 3
115 X 3
125 X 3
135 X 3
145 X 3 (PR)

Last time I tried to put up 145 and failed twice. I didn't even get 1 rep up! So 145 is a new PR for me, and I'll take that after only working out here and there over the last few weeks and eating waaaaaaay too much crap and drinking too much. It felt good to hit that one today. Good to work the glutes and hammies. After that Jerry left some finishing work for us. I really wanted to do the extra work as some more funishment for all the really bad things I've been doing lately. The extra work looked like this.

Metcon ninja
7 RFT
11 Wall ball
11 Pull-ups
11 Burpes

or

Express ninja
7 RFT
11 Pull-ups
11 Burpees

Now, let me tell you that I hit burpees and push-ups pretty hard while I was home. I mean, I did 49 in lucky 7's, then 50 burpees in Funishment, plus 50 push-ups too. I'm just about push-upped and burpeed out. So I wasn't thrilled to see them in the line-up today, but I was glad to see chins because I've left a lot to be desired on the pull-up bar lately. It was good to get back to doing some more. And yes, I do still need to work the push-ups and the burpees so it was good to do them too, but man. Ugh, I hate those things. I did the express ninja (after the squats I didn't trust myself to do wall ball) but I didn't remember to grab a stopwatch.

To be honest, I just needed to do the extra work. I wasn't so concerned about the time, but more concerned with putting the work in. I finally got paid (yes being paid once a month totally sucks!) and I'm going to hit the grocery store. I strict zoned for about a week about three weeks ago, and I'm going to try to get back on it seriously after the holidays are over. Being at home it was so hard to eat well.... my parents house is just not stocked for it. But after looking at the scale the last few days... ugh... I really need to get away from the junk. Hopefully it won't take me too long to get back in the habit... but for now... I'm going to nap... since I can... mwah mwah mwah! :)

No comments: