Thursday, December 18, 2008

Kelly

Kelly, she sounds all sweet and innocent doesn't she? Holy crap, cause she's so not. Kelly is a metcon burner. Seriously. As Rx'd she looks like this.

Kelly
5 RFT of
400 M run
30 box jumps
30 wall balls

I am not a metcon ninja. I will also own that as well as my deadlift weakness. So today was not something I was excited about. Instead of finishing all 5 rounds, all the ladies of 0530 did three, which is still a lot of work no matter how you slice it. I finished in 23:55, but I'm sure that our metcon ninja ladies of the other classes will bust out not only the full 5, but probably the full 5 in a time faster than mine. I had to laugh though that since I brought up the whole metcon ninja thing, Jerry made it the phrase of the day. Ha.... metcon ninja. Tehe... it makes me laugh... :) Which is good, cause after an 18 hour work day yesterday and the return of the bubonic plague, I need to laugh. God, please bring Christmas break faster... pretty pretty please...

6 comments:

Jen said...

I did Kelly over the summmer *snicker* and could only eek out 3 rounds. Tough as nails, she is, but I also did it the day after a long training run. There's a perfect 400m loop around the block at my parents place, so I might try Kelly again over the holiday break if I can find a ball. My dad's bowling ball might have to suffice, or a basketball. :(

Nice to see you back posting again.

Darcy 'D2' said...

That's an awesome time. Way faster than mine. WallBalls and I are not on friendly terms. Kelly is one nasty lady.

Diarist said...

Kelly sounds nice.


Actually its one of thsose that you read and think 'heh..no problem' then you end up vomiting your eyes out.

Katie said...

Hmmmm... Steve, I've never vomited my eyes out... it sounds interesting though... ;)

Jen, it's good to get posting again... crazy crazy work schedule and crazy drama at work have tied me down pretty badly...

Darcy... wall balls made my legs burn... I tried to walk down the stairs to go to work this morning and had some issues... crazy tired leg muscles... :P

Diarist said...

If you've not vomited your eyes out, then you're not training enough..or maybe you are!

Katie said...

But Steve, I kind of like my eyes. How do you CrossFit if you can't see? I see this puking my eyes out thing as a bit of a problem... but note to self, I will work out harder... I've been a bit of a pansy as of late....