Thursday, May 1, 2008

Chicago bound...

Ok, so it's determined. I WILL be in Chicago.... but I've hit a snag. Well a few snags. First snag, I realized that the 30th is the final day of SOL's. I have to be there to administer the test (tests must be adminstered by full time teacher... blah blah blah), so I can't fly out until night. Not a huge deal cause I can hit a flight at 8:10, it's a little more 'spensive though. Boo... second snag. Where do I fly into? O'Hare seems the obvious choice, but Georgia I think you said you're near the pier? How will I get to the pier from the airport? 3-2-1 GO!?! That might be a bit much with the suitcase... although I could do a 20 mile ruck for time. ;) So, we need to iron out the snags, but aside from that, Kayak was pretty easy. Now we just need to find me an airport, and get me to it. Once we figure out how to check my bags etc, then we'll worry about me actually being in the air. :P

4 comments:

Mr. Mirek said...

Either airport is fine! Midway is actually closer to Tanya. Okay, so both airports have an "El" line connecting it to the downtown area. Seriously, you can get nearly anywhere in the city on the "El." Midway, look for the Orange Line. O'Hare, look for the Blue Line. Both will say to the "Loop." Really, any questions can be asked. We'll have to exchange phone #s or e-mail addresses. (mine = mrmirek00@gmail.com). Any way we can help, let me know.

georgia said...

Hey Katie,

Considering you won't get in until late Friday night, I have to give you fair warning that I won't be available to hang out. Saturday is my first big day and I have to be onsite at 7ish...back in the evening around 11pm due to receptions and a work dinner. Sunday and Monday are more of the same. I know this is your first trip away from the East Coast so I wanted to give you fair warning about pretty much being left to fend for yourself.

As for how to get from one location to another...El, cab, bus, rental car...

If possible, I recommend carrying on. Just look up how to pack your toiletries on the TSA website.

Katie said...

I think maybe then we should nix this idea... I don't want to put anybody out... and I certainly don't want to be a pain in the butt to your schedule Georgia...

Perhaps the summer would be better...

georgia said...

Not saying that...just wanted to give you a heads up that at that point in the week, I won't be free for girls'/CrossFit time.