Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Playing CrossFit Catch-Up

So, I was so busy last night writing my uber serious and thought provoking blog that I didn't have time to update you all about my workouts. I know. I'm sorry that I've let you all down, and I'm sorry that my insane and mindless ramblings were not here to entertain you during your work day. How can I ever make it up to you? Well, for starters I think by giving you a double dose of CrossFit. :0)

Because of my work schedule at the restaurant, I usually don't CrossFit on Mondays and instead go into work before 7 to get myself organized. Then because I usually don't accomplish everything on Monday, I take off Tuesday morning and go into work before 7 as well. So Wednesday is normally my first CF day of the week. Well, lucky for you, not only did I hit Monday, but yesterday and today. Talk about some serious interval training! WWWWooooo boy! Here we go!

Tuesday
Warm-up
AMRAP TGU in 6 minutes (I forgot to count, but I used a 35 lb barbell... I'm trying to get used to the feel of the barbell on the TGU so I can prepare to work up heavier)

WOD
Interval Training
Row
300 Meters
30 KB Swings
30 Box Jumps
30 Jumping Pull-ups
30 Wallball
Repeat X1
Row 200 Meters
20 KB Swings
20 Box Jumps
20 Jumping Pull-ups
20 Wall Ball

Round 1-7:00
Round 2-7:15
Round 3-4:07

Oooh, ah, and ouch! This one was a gasser. This one comes with my money back guarantee. Yup, you will be covered in sweat when this one is done. I give you my word!

Wednesday
Warm-Up
Skips, butt kickers, side shuffles
800 Meter run

WOD
"The Quickening"
400 Meter run
20 KB High Pulls
20 DB Push Press
X3 Rounds
For time

400 Meter run
10 KB High Pulls
10 DB Push Press
X3 Rounds
Trying to beat your previous time

I brought the first 3 rounds in in 10:41. That was almost :45 seconds faster than when we did this workout two weeks ago. I felt really sluggish on the runs, but the high pulls and the push presses felt good, although I know I wasn't in active shoulder during some of the push presses. I was trying really hard just to zip through them since I have such strong shoulders, but I compromised form a bit.

Overall though, this was another great gasser. Jerry gave us to great Metcon workouts back to back. Wooo... I think I may need a rest day soon... but I'll probably be in tomorrow and Friday, and I have "Miami Vice" planned for Saturday. :) Rest day on Sunday maybe? I don't have a team... boo... :(

4 comments:

georgia said...

Do tell...what's Miami Vice? Sounds awesome.

Also - when I drove in yesterday morning and saw you guys running, you actually looked really strong. It might have felt sluggish but when I saw you it looked like it was the first lap around. Way to make it look easy!

Katie said...

Hehehe... What do you do when you break the law? You ditch the stuff over the fence and run like hell, then dodge the bullets....

"Miami Vice"
Tabata Wall Ball (chucking the stuff over the fence)
4x800 Meter run (rest as need) (running like hell)
25 Lunges (each leg)
4X400 Meter run (rest as need) (running like hell some more)
Tabata squats (ducking the bullets)

Thanks for all the praise... I'm not sure I am deserving though. Those running circuits gas me. Seriously. I hate them for the same reason I hate the row. Heart rate goes up and stays there. Hard stuff.

I missed you this am. :( We did front squats. I was a little crazy this morning... Oops...

georgia said...

Oh man, that looks PAINFUL! Love it.

Katie said...

Thanks... we'll see if I can survive my own workout on Saturday... I'll be sure to blog about how it goes... :P