Saturday, May 10, 2008

A funny coincidence occurs at work, and my newest thing I heart...



Ok, so you're probably thinking I'm completely off my rocker. Well, I'm not quite there, but I'm getting closer. When is the last day of school again??!?! Just kidding, well actually no I'm not. I'm ready to be done. But I'm totally digressing. I have a fun story from work tonight, but before I get there, I want to share something else I discovered this week. So, so far this week you've learned about my new love of my steamer bags. Now I'm going to tell you about my new favorite things. Tissues. I know I know. You're probably saying to yourself, how in the world can tissues be her favorite thing? Just listen.

So I've come down with the bubonic plague again. Curses! But I ran out of tissues today. So while I was in Target looking for a medicine ball today I remembered to get some. Well, needless to say, I'm attracted to shiny and bright things, and I saw a tissue box with a little sign on it that said New! Puff's plus with lotion and Vick's. Wha?! I said. Well I pulled them off the shelf and bought them. Can I just tell you they are the best things ever for sick stuffed noses! So not only do you get the lotion so your nose doesn't get all red, but you get Vick's in each tissues which helps your nose to unclog, which in turn makes you feel better. Well as good as you can feel when you've been infected with the bubonic plague. So anyway, if you are in need of tissues to be soft on your nose, and help unclog it, these things rock!

Now, for my funny story from work. So there I was, about to get cut, when Tata brought up a table of 7 for me. I wasn't too bummed about it because it was still pretty early, so I went ahead and did my usual hi how are you schpeal and got their drinks. When I went back to take their order, one of the guys had pulled out a camera and was using the video function to record him asking people questions. I didn't want to interrupt so I let them go and then heard someone mention tabata squats. I said, whoa, somebody's talking my language and they all started to laugh, and I asked them if they were at the cert. Then I told them that my trainer was there and that they had worked with him.

They of course had wonderful things to say about Jerry, and the one girl said that she took away a lot from his part of the cert. They seemed like they were all really glad to be in town and had had a good experience with the cert. Now they did threaten not to tip me if I didn't do tabata squats for them, but I really didn't want to embarass myself. Not only was I hurting from "Legs" earlier and all the stairs I ran, but they also didn't look like the type of people who would be impressed with my 11 on tabata squats. They seemed more like the Chriss' of the world who can hold 20 on tabata squats. So, I politely begged off, but still thought that they were all very nice people. They said that they were from Boston, so big ups to Boston! :) I hope they had a good time at KSB!

2 comments:

georgia said...

I'm so jealous you got CrossFitters! I hoped they tipped you embarrassingly well. :)

Katie said...

Well, I may get the CF'ers Georgia, but you still beat me. You get cool karaoke and a DJ! :P They did tip me very well though... they were very nice! I met another one yesterday too. He was also from Boston and came in with his parents. He also had very nice things to say about Jerry. Apparently we have the best trainer on the block! :)