Tuesday, June 9, 2009

She's going the distance... she's going for speeeed...

I thought you'd like a little Cake for breakfast. Get it?!?! CAKE (the band) for BREAKFAST?! Oh I kill me... ;)



I missed Monday's heavy back squats in favor of my run so I wasn't surprised when I walked in and saw that today's WOD was a quick burning metcon. I have determined that I need to work my weakness, so while I wasn't thrilled with the idea of doing more running, I knew it was a necessary evil if I'm going to get my behind back in shape.

So, today's WOD looked like this.

400 M run
15 Pull-ups
30 Push-ups
600 M run
12 Pull-ups
24 Push-ups
800 M run
9 Pull-ups
18 Push-ups

Time: 20:20

I was hoping to bring this in under 20 minutes but the deadly combo of my slow push-ups and slow running held me up. To be honest, the pull-ups felt great even with my torn up hand. I tore a little bit more skin on my hand during the WOD, but not anything too torturous. I was able to tie together 9s-12s in the sets, so it felt pretty good.

I was hoping that this would be under 20, but you know I gave it my best. I was really smoked after this WOD, so I know I pushed hard. I finished with 50 abmats. I figured you can never do TOO much core work you know? I'm going to keep working on the weakness and hope that it gets better over the next few weeks.

No comments: