Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Another day in CrossFit paradise...



It was so good to be back today!!! As Jerry said, I was sportin' the Stiller *Steeler* colors today! I have missed my CrossFit friends. Especially Gar, he makes me giggle every morning! :) I heart him! :) So today, I was regaling Gar with stories from this weekend, and I told him all about how I "can't possibly workout" and he told me that that's when I should have whipped out my best Karate pose on the douche that insulted me. I like this idea, and I think I shall try it next time I am insulted. *HIYA!* *Random dance break* Everybody was Kung Fu Fighting! Ya! Those cats were fast as lightning! Ya! Woooooooooo! Wooooooooooo!* Ehem, sorry, hope you enjoyed that. Anyway, then Jerry chimed in and said that I should either do that, or offer him up a big slice o' humble pie and tell him to hit some tabata squats. 3-2-1 and GO! Eat squats jack*ss! Anyhoo... once we got past the morning chats, we did hit a workout... being away for 4 days really hurt me. I felt so out of whack today! But no worries... we still had fun... fun looks a little something like this.

Warm-up
:30 work :10 rotate (3 rounds)
Plank
Bull Whip
Jumping Chins
Wall Ball

WOD 3-5 rounds
Run 400 meters
20 KB Highpull (45)
20 DB Push press (20)

The air outside today was really cold and breathing just flat out hurt today. I felt really really crappy on the runs. Jerry wanted a benchmark on 3 rounds, so I hit 3 in 11:25 and called it quits... sort of. After McCall finished, she inspired me to get up and go do a 4th round. I understand it's sort of cheating since I rested, but dude I was hurtin'. No more 4 day vacas from CrossFit! Still though, I get points for showing up!

On a happier note, I am working on getting a plane ticket for Chicago at the end of May. This is exciting news! My first flight, my first time a little farther away from the East Coast, a 5K if there is one (Tanya? Mr. Mirek?), and my first affiliate! I'm so excited! But, you guys need to quit making fun of me! I can't help it that I've never flown. I'm trying my best to be an adult now and rectify that, so you just have to work with me! :P

Oh and I read Georgia's blog today... apparently Elise is in super duper Law mode and still came in to hit a CF workout today! She's CrossFit LEGIT folks! So I'm dedicating this video to her today. I know she's in the library trolling the internet and waiting for my next blog... so hopefully this will ease her suffering! :)

7 comments:

Mr. Mirek said...

Chicago's a great city...what can we say! Okay, end of May, sounds like Memorial Day weekend? If so, we have a team of 3 for the Trevor Win'E Memorial Day Challenge, and we are looking for a 4th. Care to join us? Then you can of course get hooked up with one of about 4 or 5 affiliates in the Chicagoland area. Come on out; we'd love to have you! And I speak for Tanya too even though she is in New Mexico right now with a handful of students (lucky her)!

Katie said...

Hmmm... sorry no can do... Georgia will be in town the weekend following... think 29th...

georgia said...

I'll be in Chicago the 29th through the 3rd. Any plans to be made are best to be done Thursday and Friday after 6 PM. Saturday, Sunday and Mondy I'll be schmoozing with the oncologists whilst reception hopping...

Katie, I've signed up for a pass (we can share) to the Sheraton's fitness center because they have free weights (dumbell snatches/push press/thrusters) and a C2 rower.

Mr. Mirek - are there any pull up bars or jungle gyms along the river down by the Sheraton Towers/Navy Pier area?

georgia said...

PS - I love Beaches. Best chick flick of all time...That's the story of, that's the glory of Love!

Katie said...

Ahhh yes... Beaches... :)

Georgia, I'm still working on the plane ticket...

Mr. Mirek, you're in charge of the 5K.

Georgia, thrusters and rowing while running a 5k and hitting an affiliate? What are you trying to do? Kill me? Hmmm... on second thought... are you? ;)

Mr. Mirek said...

http://www.casacookcounty.org/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=72&Itemid=146

Mr. Mirek said...

http://www.casacookcounty.org

I may not be able to run with you, but there's something you can do. Another idea is that Tanya can hook you up as guests to her Niketown run that goes for group runs on Thursday nights. It's not a 5k, but they may run around 3 miles. When she gets back, I'll tell her that you are looking for something like that.