Friday, April 25, 2008

My New CrossFit Plan...


Photo courtesy of digital topo maps .com


Blog #2 of the day... I think I'm going to have to start telling people that so they know to scroll down... on Wednesday I posted 4 blogs... yikes! :P Anyhoo...

Ok, so I was thinking the other day about how fun it would be to drive cross country and work out at affiliates in all 50 states and then just write about it. How awesome would that be? For your only job to be to go experience our amazing country and do CrossFit workouts?! Hello! Awesome much?! But, I realized that this would be impossible. Nay, not impossible, but very difficult to pull off. So here's my new CrossFit idea...

Kind of like the reserves, I take one weekend a month, and devote it to going to a new CrossFit affiliate and working out, and taking in a new area. Not only will I get to meet lots of new people, but I will also get out of my little shell that I've spent the better part of my 25 (nearly 26 now) years in. This means, yes Georgia, to accomplish this in a weekend, I will have to learn how to fly. Not the airplane you goofs! I will need to learn how to travel. Perhaps that is a better way of stating it. If you were tracking the comment conversation that was taking place on my blog from the first post of this idea, I have wholeheartedly admitted that I have led a sheltered life. The furthest south I have ever been is VA. I have never left the east coast, and I have never flown. So, I really, IMO, need to rectify this. I need to learn how to travel and do all the stuff that other normal folks do. I can't spend my life being afraid of things because I've never done them. If that was my attitude all the time, hell's bells, I never would have done CrossFit!

So, I've decided that first I will buy a camera to document all the insanity that happens to me on my trip. Then, after Georgia, Cara, and I return from our trips (because they said they wanted to go I'm impressing them into service), I will post the pictures and blog about them. Now I've already established a list of the places I would like to go first. I have some very loyal readers, who have quickly become more like friends than readers, and I would like to go visit them. I would like to go to Chicago, Santa Cruz, and Nyc. So, after I buy my camera, I need to put aside a few bucks, and then get started. This is going to be expensive, but man is it going to be fun.

So, readers, here's where you can chime in. After my initial list, the floor is open. If you would like me to come visit your city/affiliate, feel free to comment or email me, and we'll get you on the list. :) It may take me a month or two to get this organized, but by the time summer hits and the kids are gone, this is going to be on like Donkey Kong! :) Oooh... I love my idea! :)

Oh, and I'm totally bummed because something seems to be wrong with my Feedjit thingie. I really highly doubt that someone in Montevideo was checking out my blog. Boo, but I think the states are right. So it looks like I have more friends! Yay! Thanks for reading! :)

The vitality of thought is in adventure. Ideas won't keep. Something must be done about them.~ Alfred North Whitehead

7 comments:

Brad said...

You could visit Georgia's family and be 20 miles from my City.

Anonymous said...

That would be awesome! You could take a video camera and make a documentary to go along with the book. Kind of like "No Reservations" or "Fight Quest" on the Travel Channel.

Maybe you could take it to the extreme and do a Filthy Fifty in all fifty states.

Anonymous said...

The Kim Saxton Santa Cruz Bed and Zone Breakfast is waiting for you Katie!!

Tanya said...

Oooh! Chicago is top on your list! I recommend Chicago in the summer, its the best...seriously the best city in the world in the summer.

So if you are serious, don't come between June 25 and July 13 because I will be in Mexico. One of the best things about being a teacher is TRAVELING...glad to see you are going to start. Get some frequently flyer miles and you can fly for free as well!

Katie said...

Hey Tami! Thanks for dropping by! I always love to see new commentors. I have to say though, I'm not sure I could handle the Filthy 50, 50 times. It's a good thought though, and one I'll have to consider. :) Thanks for the suggestion!

Kim- I will let you know when I will be in the area of the B&B. :)

georgia said...

Ok, Katie. I can't hold out on you any longer. Chi-town people, perk up, this involves you.

I will be in Chicago May 29 - June 3 for a conference. I have a hotel room. Unfortunately, I will be working my butt off most of the time but I will have evenings to workout and explore the city. (Except for an event I'm hosting on Sunday night.) Buy your first plan ticket, Katie. Tanya, plot your 5 or 10k course map (preferrably with a start & end point by the Navy Pier).

Katie said...

And how pray tell do I go about buying a plane ticket? Remember... never done this...