Wednesday, April 16, 2008

CrossFit OT hits Elizabeth...

Wooo boy. Jerry let us know two days in advance that this was coming, and I had some reservations about this one. The highest weight I had ever squat cleaned was 75 pounds. RX for Elizabeth is 85. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to hit 85 this morning and nearly psyched myself out.

Before I go any further, I just would like to point out that the first 6 people through Elizabeth this morning were all ladies. WORD! The ladies of CFOT were rockin' out Elizabeth this am. They are LEGIT! Anyway, I did decide to do Elizabeth with the prescribed weight, and a pink band for ring dips. My triceps are my nemesis which is why things like push ups, handstand push ups, ring dips, and muscle ups all seem insanely hard for me.

I have to admit, I missed a time or two on the clean. It just wasn't all the way in the rack and I had to let it go. I dropped the bar a few times, which I am sure at a CF cert is probably a no no. But you know what? I dug in, and Elizabeth was my biotch this morning. It was no land speed record but, for the first time doing Elizabeth, not bad. The only thing I would change from this am, well, ok I lied, two things. I would have made more of an effort to hang on to the bar, and tried to do the ring dips with floss. Only way to get ripped up tris is to work 'em right? Amen sista'!

Great work to everyone who hit Elizabeth this am. I would have loved to stay and play, but damn that whole job thing! :P

A strong positive mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonder drug.
~Patricia Neal

No comments: