Friday, April 25, 2008

Grindy




Don't ask about the picture, I'm really not sure. But the name just made me think of the Grinch when he smiles that evil grin. Get it? "Grin"dy? :P Then I thought for another minute, and you know who else has that evil grin? Mr. Burns... :P Anyhoo...

So, I took a personal day today so that I could travel back to PA for a few days. But since I'm going to miss Sunday (BOO!) I wanted to get in today. Today we hit Grindy. It really is as bad as it sounds. I can't paint this one funny guys, and that's unusual for me. This was hard for me to hit because push ups are one of my nemesis. Or is that nemesi (Mr. Mirek? English teacher over there?) since there are many? Anyhoo... for those of you who haven't hit it yet, it goes a little something like this...

Grindy
3 rounds for time

10 Hang power clean to push press (85 lbs)
4 Rounds of Cindy

So essentially when all is said and done, you wind up doing 30 cleans/presses and 12 rounds of Cindy. Wow that's a bunch of stuff. The push ups for me are just plain killer. I flew through the chins and was really working my speed since it was 5, but the push ups took forever! I've tried altering my push up form, but even after the modification of my form and weeks of work, I just can't seem to have an easy time with push ups. They fry my arms (and my wrists) and I just plain get smoked. I finished though, and sometimes you just get points for that. I finished this in 29:33. I'm glad it was under 30:00. That at least made me feel decent about this. I only modified maybe 10 of the pushups. I just hit my knees for a few and couldn't get back up. But aside from that I did everything else as Rx'd. As bad as this workout felt, I am also having a hard time feeling happy that an 85 lb push press is a new PR for my push press too. School stress combined with not having a day off in 30 days has wiped me out. I'm glad I took today off. After CrossFit I hauled behind back to PA and made it home in time to surprise my dad and have a late lunch at my old restaurant. I'm excited for this weekend though because I'm going to teach my friend a few CrossFit moves and try to help her get started on the Zone. I really hope I don't teach her wrong. She's really interested in CrossFit, I just don't want to tell her the wrong things.... I really should have thought this idea through more! :/

Stay tuned for part two... my new CrossFit idea...

2 comments:

Brad said...

Is it nemeses?

Killer workout - I could handle the pushups better than the pullups, frikin' elbow!

I still taste the chlorine...

Anonymous said...

Katie - Be nice to Brad. Tell him to stay out of the pool! :)