Saturday, April 5, 2008

Row, row, row your boat.... until you think you'll scream...

See, here's the thing. I like weights. I like to lift them. I like to throw them. I think it's fun. I don't like running. I don't like rowing. I suck at them. So, to hit running and rowing this week.... well let's just say I swore a lot this week. :P Friday was the third day in a row for me this week. The flexer was a little bit tight, but it's loosening up. And I'm really hoping by next week I can go full throttle and I'm not doing an exercise worried that the stupid thing is just going to tear. So, anyway, I hit the circuit full on again today, no modifications, but man oh day (I've used that phrase twice now this week!) did it ever hurt. This is one of those workouts that comes with my money back guarantee. You know, that guarantee that says you'll be drenched and able to smell yourself afterwards. Yeah. That one. Ewwwww..... :P Here's what we looked like today...

Warm Up
Lunges
Squat stretches

Straight into the madness....

Interval training... yikes...

WOD
Row 350 meters
30 Jumping chins
20 Thrusters (women 45 men 65)
10 Burpees

AMRAYWTD (As many rounds as you want to do in 35 minutes)

Basically, Jerry gave us our start time, and we logged our end time. We rested about three minutes between rounds. Some people stopped at three rounds, I stopped at 4 because I had to go to work, Steven who is an absolute machine didn't stop until he hit 8 rounds. Unbelieveable. I'm pretty sure that each one of those was also sub four minutes. Steven is like Stacy, he is a machine!

I'm going to be blunt. When I try to use my legs after I row, it doesn't work. We all know that as Bill Cosby says, J-E-L-L-O is jiggly. That's how my legs feel after rowing. So to try to do thrusters after rowing. Dude, that's way brutal, even if it is only 45 pounds. My legs were shaking. It was hard. Flat out. I won't lie. This circuit today smoked my butt. Although, I'm going to shout out to Sarah, cause she and I were pretty damned consistant. My four rounds looked like this:

5:14 5:21 5:20 5:08

Hello consistancy... I can't sprint, but I can pace.... :P I should have been a pace car.... :P ha!

Jerry has now moved Saturday workouts to Sundays to allow us more time to play. We're also going to start hitting more epics on Sundays. We'll see how this goes. I'm not looking forward to meeting up with Party with the Girls again. Or really Murph for that matter... or Beowulf... or... well any of the epics... so why am I going to work out tomorrow? Oh yeah. Cause I'm crazy... and because as much as I know that these workouts will kick my ass, I can't step away from the CrossFit. I'm an addict.

Ehem... Hi. My name is Katie, and I'm an addict. I'm addicted to CrossFit.

Hi Katie....

1 comment:

Brad said...

I love/hate rowing.