Friday, April 18, 2008

Another short little gasser...

Jerry is a sneaky son of a gun. I have to hand him that. Today we got out bars and started out with some strict presses, and I thought today was going to be a fun day of throwing around heavy weights. Nope. Damnit. We did start with some strict presses though, and today's fun looked like this.


Warm-up
Work up heavy strict presses
Aiming for 3 rep max

WOD
4 rounds
5 minutes each
AMRAP
4 Push
4 Chins
4 Push
12 Squats

I was a bit worried about hitting strict presses today. My traps were still really tight from hitting Elizabeth. Heavy squat cleans do me in everytime. But nonetheless I was stoked. I worked up and tried to hit 85 (a new pr) but missed. I just didn't have it in me today. So I backed off back to 75 and then hit 77 (ANOTHER NEW PR!) and then hit 80 (ANOTHER NEW PR!). I was really bummed about my form though. I'm not sure why, but lately my form on a lot of exercises has gone to pot. I don't like it, but I was happy to get 80 up. 2 new pr's in one week, hell, I'll take it!

We then went into today's WOD which looks short, but is a gasser, especially with all those push ups after the strict presses. I think during the strict presses I pinched a nerve (could I please get fully healthy!!!!!!??!?!) cause when I jumped on the chin up bar, something was out of whack. After only 3.5 round in the first 5 minutes, Laura gave me a quick fix of a message in the back and shoulder, and things loosened a bit. I still felt the pinch for the next 3, but was able to grunt through with 4, 4.5, and 3.5 rounds. The chins felt great today. Very explosive and lots of Dannyesque height if I do say so myself.... :P The calluses hurt, but the form on those felt good. Squats are still off. I don't know why I keep poppin up on my toes. I have NEVER done that before in all my years of lifting. Frustrating. So a good gasser, but a nice set for today. Hey, with four days in this week, and 2 of those being heroes or benchmarks, plus 2 new PR's, I'll call it a good week! :) (But of course, there is always room for improvement!!!)

No comments: